Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wacom Artpad II



While I was looking for information on Artpad II. I can't remember when I bought it. I looked it up and it was released in 1995. So I may have bought in either 1995 or 1996. It was a bundle with software.

Anyway, I saw something online, that people were asking how to connect artpad II to currently computer or laptop. For my computer, which is Window ME. I have no problem with it. Last year, I got my first laptop which is Window XP but supposed to be Vista (no idea why cuz it was labled). I didn't realized about my artpad. Months after that, I remember it and I was eager to connect artpad to it and found there is no port for it.

Yes. This year I was looking for adapter. I found it on Ebay for cheap because it cost lot at store.

My only suggestion, get that USB to serial adapter with driver disk. Plus download Artpad driver from Wacom.com.

I did and it works just fine.

Hint: Once you installed Artpad to one of usb ports. Keep it on same usb every time. So better make a right choice of port. So it would not interence other device like flash driver (I'm talking about space betweent usb(s) that some devices has strange shape or wide shape)

No comments: